O M Geee
This is the McDonalds that we go to when the girls want McDonalds. Ugh...maybe i will make sure the girls read this. It will be sure to save me thousands, in the long run, on takeaways!
I can't believe they tried to give her vouchers for more food from their restaurant! I don't think i could ever eat there now after just reading about it. I does not take much of a brain to work out that Mcdonalds vouchers might not have been the best way to apologise! bahahaha
An Auckland grandmother and health carer is vowing never to eat at McDonald's again after finding a maggot in a burger box she bought.
Linda MacDonald, 59, says she was disgusted when the found the maggot as she ate an Angus Burger Combo from the Pt Chevalier McDonald's.
She and a colleague were sharing the burger when they saw something "wiggling" in the box, the New Zealand Herald reported.
MacDonald spat out what she was eating and ran to the toilet to throw up.
She rejected the McDonald's vouchers she was offered and told them she would never eat at McDonald's again.
McDonald's NZ boss Mark Hawthorne says he does not believe the maggot came from within the restaurant. It was dead when the company conducted tests. However, MacDonald says the maggot was alive when she found it and it was not tested for six days.
She says she wants nothing from McDonald's except an apology and is upset at the company's reaction.
After rejecting vouchers she was sent $100 of Westfield shopping mall vouchers which she gave to her son.
Hawthorne says the company has conducted a thorough investigation, which includes the restaurant, suppliers of ingredients and independent laboratory testing.
He says the maggot is not associated with the beef patty. He says it is hard to determine the point of contamination and they believe it is "unlikely to have resulted from McDonald's".